Golden Rules Australian Tour Q&A
Hip Hop’s most promising duo of 2015, Golden Rules (Paul White and Eric Biddines) are coming to Australia this week and Cool Accidents sometimes-journalist and perpetual Paul White fanboy Huwston gets the scoop from the Producer about what to expect. Check out a not so ‘tame’ remix after the jump.
Paul – it’s your first time coming to Australia. As you’re getting close to two weeks on ground are you finally going to live out that Strange Dream and go for a surf?
I'm not going home without a good few surfs! I've never surfed in warm water before so I can't wait! My dream life is to be able to surf and make music in the same day, everyday, so I'm going to make the most of that whilst in Australia! Got my board shorts all ready, and my drum machine all ready, they're both excited too! Now I just hope there's a nice big swell!! But not too big or I'll drown!
As your catalogue has expanded, your live show has developed and evolved. How do you rock in Golden Rules mode?
I love doing my solo live show now, I finally feel like it's got to a place I'm conformable, and there's a good balance of instruments and fun to create a real journey! With Golden Rules it can be a slight relief me not jumping around loads of instruments, well I'm not doing that yet. At the moment I rock up with a laptop, a little 303 drum machine, a bass guitar, and some percussion. But in the future I'm pretty sure we'll have a 4 piece band set up, and I can't wait for that!
You and Eric came together online – how is it touring with each other? Is it somewhat of a challenge getting into the groove with someone who’s effectively a complete stranger? Is music the common bond that ensure you’re both going to be two pretty cool dudes?
A strong belief I have is when you make music together you get to see into someone's soul, that's if they really open up, which Eric does, like myself, so I felt like we were friends long before we met. So when we first starting doing shows it felt totally conformable and natural! We definitely weren't strangers to each other, Eric felt like a long lost brother from another life or something! I think I can speak for Eric when I say he felt the same!
The album’s come out to great praise – what are your guys’ follow up plans? We’ve heard Eric recently on the Cool Uncle album but imagine he’s got a tonne in the bag – can we expect more from you two together or are you both back doing your own stuff?
Our Golden Ticket album is only the beginning of Golden Rules, we've got a lot more we want to do together! We've done a mixtape that'll be out early 2016, which is almost another album, theres original music and remixes I've done on there. There's also plans of an EP around the mixtape. We've done a Christmas song,
which I never thought we'd pull off, but we both really dig it. On this Australian tour I got some equipment with me so we plan to get on with more music for the next album! On top of that we both got our own stuff going on also, I find everything inspires everything else, we're both creative people and we live for that.
Danny Brown repeatedly calls you his favourite producer to write to. It’s a great compliment but so much of his stuff that gets released is very different to yours, so have you guys discussed what the connection is? Or is it one of those cool things artists don’t try to delve into, too deeply?
We don't need to, it's just a beautiful unspoken chemistry, why try to put words to that? We don't have any need to, we know we inspire each other and something really works, so we both just enjoy that, it feels special, like with Eric, and other people, I just made a very good new friend with Jamie Woon, I see us all falling from the same tree, we just live for music and love it so much, we all love creating. Me and Danny are working on a tonne of new material as we speak!
Do you have a list of Emcee’s you’d like to work with? Is it more of a case of people coming to you now?
I'd like to work with more emcees and a lot more singers, musicians also. I want to grow and learn from more collaborations in general! I'm wanting more and more to work with anybody that's free open and creative!
What are three common ‘Australianisms’ that you want to find out if they are actually true (i.e kangaroos on the streets, shrimps on the barbie, fuzzwhuzzers etc)
1. Are Koala bears as aggressive as they say? 2. Does everybody in Australia surf? 3. Does everybody really call each other maiiteee?
I guess you’ll find out this week, matey. Catch Golden Rules live as part of Red Bull Music’s Club Nights, free entry with RSVP at the following venues. ‘Golden Ticket’ is out now on Lex Recordings where all top shelf hip hop records are sold | streamed.
Thursday December 3rd: Woolly Mammoth, Brisbane
Friday December 4th: 24 Moons, Melbourne
Saturday December 5th: Goodgod Small Club, Sydney
Friday December 11th: Rocket Bar, Adelaide
Saturday December 12th: The Bird, Perth
This remix, doe.
-Huwston for Cool Accidents
- Threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent
- Violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right;
- Violates any law or advocates illegal activity;
- dvertises or solicits money, goods or services.
- Mobile Content is provided by Warner Music
- ‘Mobile Content’ means the pictures, videos, texts, skins or sounds available for purchase by the customer.
- ‘Purchase’ means the payment of fees for the delivery to Your mobile phone of Mobile Content in accordance with these Terms.
- Warner Music reserves the right, at Our discretion, to update or revise the Terms at any time without notice to You. Please check the Terms periodically for changes at this web page. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- You acknowledge that any message material obtained from the Service is done at Your own risk and that We are not endorsing or associating with any particular person or event that may be featured within the Service.
- You further acknowledge that You are only entitled to use the Service for lawful purposes, for Your own personal, private use and will not use the Service in breach of Our or any third parties intellectual property rights in the Service.
- The Mobile Content may only be used by You for personal, non-commercial use and not otherwise for copying, republication, re-distribution, re-dissemination, re-communication, publication or any other commercial exploitation in any form or by any method whatsoever by You or other persons.
- The Mobile Content will not be used by you in a manner and context that damages the reputation and goodwill of Warner Music.
- You will observe all reasonable instructions from Warner Music regarding any usage restrictions of or corrections to items in the Content.
- You acknowledge that standard telecommunication data charges may apply for the delivery of Mobile Content
- Warner Music will not be liable for any costs incurred or for any reimbursement as a result of unauthorized subscription to the Service by someone else using your mobile phone.
- Warner Music will endeavour to provide current, accurate information but makes no warranty regarding the timely delivery, currency or accuracy of any information provided to you as part of the Service nor that the Service will meet your requirements.
- Warner Music warrants the Service will be rendered with due care and skill and that all necessary licenses for Mobile Content have been obtained.
- Due to the nature of telecommunications systems We are unable to guarantee the Services will always be fault or virus free. You acknowledge that the Service may, from time to time, be adversely affected by events outside Our control. We will make all reasonable endeavours to ensure the uninterrupted and timely supply of the Service and will take all reasonable steps at Our expense to correct any error, omission or mistake, but will not be liable for any error, delay, or failure in transmission of the Service that could be reasonably considered beyond Our control.
- The terms that apply to the Service are those that are expressly set out in this document and those implied by consumer protection laws to the supply of the Service that are unable to be excluded. No other terms apply.
- All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the Network is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws. Content on the Network is published in real-time, and you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Network or expressly authorised in writing by Warner Music or its Affiliates.
- The Service is subject to the limitations of the enabling technology on which it is reliant and may be adversely affected by network performance and other operational factors beyond Our control including, but not limited to, congestion, network coverage, dropped connections, the performance of Your mobile phone and the maintenance of secure network connections. We can accept no responsibility for losses caused by any of these factors or any factors which could be reasonably considered outside Our control.
- We will not be liable to You in any way for failures, defects or delays in the delivery of the Service which are caused by one or more of the following reasons: (a) You have provided an incorrect phone number or other incorrect information before ordering a Service; (b) Your mobile phone does not support the Service; (c) Your message mail box is full and has no additional memory to receive the download; (d) Your phone is out of range or for some other reason cannot be contacted; (e) You accidentally erase a Service provided to You.
- Where any statute implies any term into your use of or any arrangement arising out of the Services and that statute prohibits exclusion of that term, then that term is included. If and to the extent permitted by the statute, however, the liability of Warner Music and its employees, agents and contractors for any breach of such term is limited, at Warner Music’s option, to the resupply of Services or the repayment of any fee or part of the fees paid by You for the Services.
- All products, services and prices offered are subject to change without notice. You should check the price of a product before placing your order.
- If We believe there has been a breach of the Terms We reserve the right immediately and without notice to withdraw or bar the Service.
- We reserve the right to disclose information about You to applicable regulatory or government bodies where We are required by law to disclose this information.
- We reserve the right to cancel, modify or supersede the Service if, in Our sole discretion, the Service is not capable as of being conducted as specified in the Terms.
- This agreement is governed by the law in force in Australia, and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia and courts of appeal from them for determining any dispute concerning this agreement.
- If any of the Terms are invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out and the remaining terms will remain in force.
- If We do not act in relation to a breach by You of the Terms, this does not waive Our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If You do not act in relation to a breach by Us of the Terms, this does not waive Your right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- You may not assign or transfer Your rights or benefits under the Terms to any other person or entity without Our prior consent.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any contact details provided by You are up to date. You must notify Warner Music as soon as possible of any changes to your contact details.
- If You do not agree to the Terms You shall not use the Service.
At some other WMA sites, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people at these pages include: recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g. Optus, Bigpond).
We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our contests or when we make changes to our subscriber agreements, to fulfil a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account with us.
We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them your gifts or cards. We will not disclose personal information about or send promotional material to these recipients unless they have requested it.
The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services. When you enter an online forum or community please be aware that information you disclose in these areas, for example your email address, can be collected and used by people you do not know. This may result in unsolicited messages being sent to you by other people or organisations.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalise your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyse site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
Agents and contractors of WMA who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for WMA.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice. Inadvertent disclosures may result, for example, when third parties misrepresent their identities in asking the site for access to personally identifiable information about themselves for purposes of correcting possible factual errors in the data or in the event that unauthorised persons breach our security systems.
If the WMA site discloses personally identifiable information to companies not affiliated with WMA who want to market products or services to you, it will provide you with an opportunity to opt out or block such uses.
WMA may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive marketing information from this site, click here for instructions on how to make your request.
The WMA site will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Finally, if you receive promotional material from WMA about us or our affiliates and do not wish to receive it any longer, you can request that we remove your information from our mailing lists by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us 7 days to amend our records. If you have provided your details directly to another Warner Music Group site, you may also have to notify that site directly.
The WMA site sometimes may offer contests or promotions that are sponsored by or co-sponsored with identified third parties. By virtue of their sponsorship, these third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the contest or promotion. WMA has no control over or responsibility for the third-party sponsors' use of this information. The WMA site will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if third-party sponsors will obtain such information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted from our records, please email us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
- emailing the site or asking us to email anything to you;
- sending us any information;
- entering any contest that requires information about you or offers a prize;
- joining any club or group;
- posting any information on any bulletin board;
- entering a chat room; or
- buying anything online.
WARNER MUSIC GROUP BUSINESS GOVERNED BY THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Warner Music Australia Pty Limited
East West Records
Atlantic Recording Corporation
Elektra Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
London Records Inc.
Warner/Chappell Music Inc.
Warner Music Group Inc.
If you would like to stop WMA disclosing personally identifiable information collected on this site to companies which are not affiliated with it, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or send your name, street address and e-mail address to us by regular mail to the following address:
Warner Music Australia
PO Box 500
Crows Nest, New South Wales
If you would like to stop receiving any specific marketing information from this site, please notify us of the specific information that you no longer wish to receive by sending your name, street address and e-mail address to us by regular mail to the following address:
Warner Music Australia
PO Box 500
New South Wales
If you would like to review the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you online, please email us at [email@example.com] or send your name, street address and e-mail address to us by regular mail to the following address:
Warner Music Australia
PO Box 500
Crows Nest, New South Wales
We will send you the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you online. If you would like to correct any factual errors, please note such corrections and send them to us at the same address listed above, so that we may make the corrections that you have requested.