10 Things That Need To Come In 2017 To Make It Great
Admittedly 2017 has been pretty good for music so far. We got Kendrick Lamar, The xx and Lorde albums plus we saw the return of Gorrillaz which many doubted would actually happen. But, because it's 2017 good stuff only makes us want more so we've made a wish list for what we'd still like to see in order to make this year something spectacular.
The G.O.O.D. Music Album
A follow up to Kanye and co's Cruel Summer record has been teased for a very long time now. Last year, they dropped a single Champions but since then it seems Kanye has turned his attention back to his own solo work and left the record in limbo. In March, CyHi The Prince claimed the album was "really done" but you'd assume it would've dropped already if that was the case. Who knows what's going on but we can only hope it surfaces this year.
A Dua Lipa And Flume Collaboration
Last month, Dua Lipa and Flume posted a vid of themselves rolling through LA on scooters and we reckon it's the collaboration that could save pop music in 2017. Dua has proved from a collab with Martin Garrix that she knows her way around an electronic banger while Flume's Never Be Like You proved he could pen a pop hit. Make. It. Happen. Guys.
A post shared by Flume (@flumemusic) on
More Female Number Ones
The charts have been one big sausage fest this year. Here in Australia, we've had a grand total of one female at the top of the singles charts (shout out Anne-Marie) while in the US there has been zero. Part of that is to do with the lengthy chart assault of Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You and Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber's Despacito but that doesn't really make it good enough. It's not because the output from female popstars hasn't been strong enough either. Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Rita Ora, Dua Lipa, SZA and heaps more have had mighty singles. Hopefully 2017 wraps up with a little more balance.
Kevin Parker & Mark Ronson's Collaboration
Kevin Parker and Mark Ronson are back working on music together and they debuted one of the songs during a collaborative DJ set at Gov Ball in NYC. The banging disco track features the vocals of SZA and sounds mighty fine. If we get this is time for the Australian summer we'd be very, very happy. Particularly because it looks like it's going to be a little while 'til we hear from Tame Impala again.
A Lana Del Rey Australian Tour
C'mon Lana. It's been a long time since Lana Del Rey last visited the country for Splendour In The Grass in 2012. She's released four records since then and with a new one just out Lust For Life it would be a very appropriate time for her to chuck us a visit. She said that if she announces a tour for this record, "I hope that [Australia is] part of it," which is basically a bubble of uncertainty made to give us anxiety.
The Action Bronson Album
Action Bronson has been banging on about his new album Blue Chips 7000 for years but it seems it's finally coming out at the end of the month. 25th August to be exact. It's been preceded by a really great new song The Chairman's Intent and our thirst for the record just keeps growing.
A Kendrick Lamar Australian Tour
Kendrick Lamar's DAMN. has kicked off in the US and he's already been joined on stage by Chance The Rapper and J. Cole. K.Dot has a good history of not leaving Australia off his tour plans so we can only assume that he'll bring the tour down-under. His To Pimp A Butterfly tour is still one of the best large-scale hip-hop shows we've seen in this country for a very long time. Hopefully DAMN. can go one better.
A New Cut Copy Album
Cut Copy released their last album Free Your Mind back in 2013 but they're back playing shows and they have some new music in hand. Airborne is the first new single and it sees them harking back to the sounds of their early records while another new song they dropped during a few headline shows in the country last month was more like their later tunes. It's all sounding good though and hopefully we'll see the record before the year is out.
An Earl Sweatshirt Album
It really ain't easy being an Earl Sweatshirt fan. He rarely releases music and he also hasn't played many shows at all lately. His last album was 2015's I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside but there are whisperings off a new album on the way. In Feb he tweeted he was, "making the album," but he's given few updates since then. Odd Future mates Tyler, The Creator, Frank Ocean, Hodgy Beats and Syd have all released music in the past year so hopefully Earl can follow suit.
Vampire Weekend's Return
It's now been four years since Vampire Weekend's last album Modern Vampires Of The City and it feels as long as it sounds. Their next record has a tentative title of Mitsubishi Macchiato but it has no release date. Ezra Koenig provided us with an update in March saying he was, "trying to finish ASAP," but there hasn't been a peep about the LP since. It will be their first album since Rostam departed the band and, for the record, he's about to release his first solo album on 8th September. Maybe VW should try beat him to it.
This post tags
- Threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent
- Violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right;
- Violates any law or advocates illegal activity;
- dvertises or solicits money, goods or services.
- Mobile Content is provided by Warner Music
- ‘Mobile Content’ means the pictures, videos, texts, skins or sounds available for purchase by the customer.
- ‘Purchase’ means the payment of fees for the delivery to Your mobile phone of Mobile Content in accordance with these Terms.
- Warner Music reserves the right, at Our discretion, to update or revise the Terms at any time without notice to You. Please check the Terms periodically for changes at this web page. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- You acknowledge that any message material obtained from the Service is done at Your own risk and that We are not endorsing or associating with any particular person or event that may be featured within the Service.
- You further acknowledge that You are only entitled to use the Service for lawful purposes, for Your own personal, private use and will not use the Service in breach of Our or any third parties intellectual property rights in the Service.
- The Mobile Content may only be used by You for personal, non-commercial use and not otherwise for copying, republication, re-distribution, re-dissemination, re-communication, publication or any other commercial exploitation in any form or by any method whatsoever by You or other persons.
- The Mobile Content will not be used by you in a manner and context that damages the reputation and goodwill of Warner Music.
- You will observe all reasonable instructions from Warner Music regarding any usage restrictions of or corrections to items in the Content.
- You acknowledge that standard telecommunication data charges may apply for the delivery of Mobile Content
- Warner Music will not be liable for any costs incurred or for any reimbursement as a result of unauthorized subscription to the Service by someone else using your mobile phone.
- Warner Music will endeavour to provide current, accurate information but makes no warranty regarding the timely delivery, currency or accuracy of any information provided to you as part of the Service nor that the Service will meet your requirements.
- Warner Music warrants the Service will be rendered with due care and skill and that all necessary licenses for Mobile Content have been obtained.
- Due to the nature of telecommunications systems We are unable to guarantee the Services will always be fault or virus free. You acknowledge that the Service may, from time to time, be adversely affected by events outside Our control. We will make all reasonable endeavours to ensure the uninterrupted and timely supply of the Service and will take all reasonable steps at Our expense to correct any error, omission or mistake, but will not be liable for any error, delay, or failure in transmission of the Service that could be reasonably considered beyond Our control.
- The terms that apply to the Service are those that are expressly set out in this document and those implied by consumer protection laws to the supply of the Service that are unable to be excluded. No other terms apply.
- All information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements on the Network is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws. Content on the Network is published in real-time, and you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Network or expressly authorised in writing by Warner Music or its Affiliates.
- The Service is subject to the limitations of the enabling technology on which it is reliant and may be adversely affected by network performance and other operational factors beyond Our control including, but not limited to, congestion, network coverage, dropped connections, the performance of Your mobile phone and the maintenance of secure network connections. We can accept no responsibility for losses caused by any of these factors or any factors which could be reasonably considered outside Our control.
- We will not be liable to You in any way for failures, defects or delays in the delivery of the Service which are caused by one or more of the following reasons: (a) You have provided an incorrect phone number or other incorrect information before ordering a Service; (b) Your mobile phone does not support the Service; (c) Your message mail box is full and has no additional memory to receive the download; (d) Your phone is out of range or for some other reason cannot be contacted; (e) You accidentally erase a Service provided to You.
- Where any statute implies any term into your use of or any arrangement arising out of the Services and that statute prohibits exclusion of that term, then that term is included. If and to the extent permitted by the statute, however, the liability of Warner Music and its employees, agents and contractors for any breach of such term is limited, at Warner Music’s option, to the resupply of Services or the repayment of any fee or part of the fees paid by You for the Services.
- All products, services and prices offered are subject to change without notice. You should check the price of a product before placing your order.
- If We believe there has been a breach of the Terms We reserve the right immediately and without notice to withdraw or bar the Service.
- We reserve the right to disclose information about You to applicable regulatory or government bodies where We are required by law to disclose this information.
- We reserve the right to cancel, modify or supersede the Service if, in Our sole discretion, the Service is not capable as of being conducted as specified in the Terms.
- This agreement is governed by the law in force in Australia, and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia and courts of appeal from them for determining any dispute concerning this agreement.
- If any of the Terms are invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out and the remaining terms will remain in force.
- If We do not act in relation to a breach by You of the Terms, this does not waive Our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If You do not act in relation to a breach by Us of the Terms, this does not waive Your right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- You may not assign or transfer Your rights or benefits under the Terms to any other person or entity without Our prior consent.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any contact details provided by You are up to date. You must notify Warner Music as soon as possible of any changes to your contact details.
- If You do not agree to the Terms You shall not use the Service.
At some other WMA sites, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people at these pages include: recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g. Optus, Bigpond).
We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our contests or when we make changes to our subscriber agreements, to fulfil a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account with us.
We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them your gifts or cards. We will not disclose personal information about or send promotional material to these recipients unless they have requested it.
The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services. When you enter an online forum or community please be aware that information you disclose in these areas, for example your email address, can be collected and used by people you do not know. This may result in unsolicited messages being sent to you by other people or organisations.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalise your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyse site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
Agents and contractors of WMA who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for WMA.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice. Inadvertent disclosures may result, for example, when third parties misrepresent their identities in asking the site for access to personally identifiable information about themselves for purposes of correcting possible factual errors in the data or in the event that unauthorised persons breach our security systems.
If the WMA site discloses personally identifiable information to companies not affiliated with WMA who want to market products or services to you, it will provide you with an opportunity to opt out or block such uses.
WMA may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive marketing information from this site, click here for instructions on how to make your request.
The WMA site will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Finally, if you receive promotional material from WMA about us or our affiliates and do not wish to receive it any longer, you can request that we remove your information from our mailing lists by emailing us at email@example.com. Please allow us 7 days to amend our records. If you have provided your details directly to another Warner Music Group site, you may also have to notify that site directly.
The WMA site sometimes may offer contests or promotions that are sponsored by or co-sponsored with identified third parties. By virtue of their sponsorship, these third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the contest or promotion. WMA has no control over or responsibility for the third-party sponsors' use of this information. The WMA site will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if third-party sponsors will obtain such information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted from our records, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
- emailing the site or asking us to email anything to you;
- sending us any information;
- entering any contest that requires information about you or offers a prize;
- joining any club or group;
- posting any information on any bulletin board;
- entering a chat room; or
- buying anything online.
WARNER MUSIC GROUP BUSINESS GOVERNED BY THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Warner Music Australia Pty Limited
East West Records
Atlantic Recording Corporation
Elektra Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
London Records Inc.
Warner/Chappell Music Inc.
Warner Music Group Inc.
If you would like to stop WMA disclosing personally identifiable information collected on this site to companies which are not affiliated with it, please email us at [email@example.com] or send your name, street address and e-mail address to us by regular mail to the following address:
Warner Music Australia
PO Box 500
Crows Nest, New South Wales
If you would like to stop receiving any specific marketing information from this site, please notify us of the specific information that you no longer wish to receive by sending your name, street address and e-mail address to us by regular mail to the following address:
Warner Music Australia
PO Box 500
New South Wales
If you would like to review the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you online, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or send your name, street address and e-mail address to us by regular mail to the following address:
Warner Music Australia
PO Box 500
Crows Nest, New South Wales
We will send you the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you online. If you would like to correct any factual errors, please note such corrections and send them to us at the same address listed above, so that we may make the corrections that you have requested.